Check out the latest work by Making Change Media.
FIXED: The Science/Fiction of Human Enhancement, (just released fall 2013), a new award-winning documentary about disability and the promise and perils of human enhancement technologies, produced by Making Change Media, directed by Regan Brashear & co-produced by Jamie LeJeune. Distributed through New Day Films.
* disability justice educator Patty Berne
* exoskeleton test pilot Fernanda Castelo
* bionics engineer Hugh Herr
* journalist and radio host John Hockenberry
* biochemist and ability studies scholar Gregor Wolbring
* disability studies scholar and artist Dominika Bednarska
* robot scientist Rodney Brooks
* futurist Jamais Cascio
* bioethicist and policy advocate Marcy Darnovsky
* brain-computer interface study participant Tim Hemmes
* philosophy professor Cressida Heyes
* transhumanist James Hughes
* reproductive rights advocate Sujatha Jesudason
* disability lawyer Silvia Yee
With cameo performances by some of the world’s leading integrated dance companies, featuring disabled and non-disabled dancers and artists, including the Anjali Dance Company, Antoine Hunter (of Sins Invalid and Urban Jazz Dance Company), AXIS, Candoco, Dancing Wheels, GIMP, Kounterclockwise, Lisa Bufano, Marc Brew, Remix Dance Company, and Sue Austin.
“This film is extremely important and will be very valuable for faculty from dozens of different disciplines from the biological sciences to disability studies to the humanities and social sciences…” — Clark Miller, Chair, PhD Program, Human and Social Dimensions of Science and Technology, Arizona State University
Through a dynamic mix of verité, dance, archival and interview footage, FIXED challenges notions of normal, the body and what it means fundamentally to be human in the 21st century. Learn more about the film and upcoming screenings at the official website for FIXED.